June 18, 2012 — Oldest Light Bulb’s Birthday, 111 years old — Livermore, California
The bulb is in Livermore’s Fire House
Click here to get to the cam
Although in the Bulb Cam we see the bulb is still burning, we can’t find any information about a celebration this year. Here is what we posted a year ago about the birthday of this amazing light bulb:
- It’s at the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department.
- It burns continuously as a night light over the fire trucks.
- It originally was a 60 watt bulb. It now shines at 4 watts.
- It’s been declared the oldest known working light bulb by Guinness Book of World Records and Ripley’s Believe-It-or-Not.
- Ripley’s will be receiving it, when it burns out, for their museum.
- If you can’t make it to the firehouse to watch this famous light bulb, you can watch it on the firehouse’s bulb cam: http://www.centennialbulb.org/photos.htm