64th British National Ploughing Championships — 11-12 October — Saturday-Sunday — Wootton St Lawrence near Basingstoke
• High point of Britain’s ploughing season.
• “Grand Prix” of ploughing — fierce competition — not only for the British National Titles — but also for the supreme honour of representing Britain at the 2014 World Ploughing Championships.
• Sponsored by the Society of Ploughmen.
• 250 contestants, winners of local ploughing competitions throughout Britain.
• Women contestants are steadily increasing.
• The horses, two dozen pairs of them, are the biggest crown pleaser — taking spectators back to when farming was a gentler, quieter way of life.
Click here for more info about the event.
Ploughing Academy: the Society of Ploughmen sponsor the Ploughing Academy. Two days of ploughing courses for for reversible and conventional ploughing and for ploughmen and women of all ages. Instructors are Champion Ploughmen. Click here.