Giving someone a show shovel will be doing them a favor — there are numerous benefits from shoveling snow.
• It’s great exercise.
• It’s a recommended winter exercise for heart patients — click here to read more about this.
• But warm up properly. There are exercises you can do to prepare — click here for some.
• Getting rid of snow early prevents it from melting and then refreezing into that treacherous “black ice.”
• You’ll take pride in your snow-and-ice-free driveway and walkways.
• You’ll have something to converse about — share your snow shoveling exploits — when you meet up with fellow dull men.
For some entertaining holiday reading there’s this: “From Shovel to Plows: a History of Snow Removal.”