Isolation is difficult to deal with. I’ve been getting advice from all around me.
• I started by talking with the toaster and microwave. We agreed that things are getting bad.
• I didn’t mention anything to the washing machine as she puts a spin on everything.
• Vacuum was unsympathetic — told me to just suck it up.
• Toilet looked a bit flushed, didn’t way anything, when I asked its opinion.
• Front door thought I was unhinged.
• Door knob told me to get a grip.
• Curtains told me to pull myself together.
• Fan was more optimistic — said it would soon blow over.
• Fridge was right. The iron straightened me out by assuring me that everything will turn out fine, that this situation won’t be pressing forever.