25 years. Amazing.
Thank you Sir Tim Berners-Lee.
News articles relating to the anniversary list pros and cons — hope on the one hand, doom and gloom and other hand.
• Universal access to all human knowledge
• Power to the people instead of to the government
• Diminished ability of nations to control everyone within their boundaries
Doom and gloom:
• Invasion of privacy and confidentially
• Mass surveillance (is this any different, at least for those of us who grew up in small towns, where everyone knew everything that went on?)
• Too much rubbish (answer to this it simple: skip the rubbish, don’t read it; there’s rubbish to read on newsstands and everywhere you look, you skip most of it, don’t you?)
What about us in the DMC, what do we think? We like the web. It’s changed the way we socialize. We now can easily share our dull experiences with dull men throughout the world without ever leaving our homes.