Isle of Man Airport [IOM] in Ronaldsway: clockwise horseshoe.
Thanks for your email. It sent us to do some research. As a result, we’re learning facinationg things about the Isle of Man.
We were not sure whether it should be listed as a country by itself on our Airport Luggage Carousel Report or is part of the United Kingon and therefore should not be listed by itself.
From what we’ve been able to find, it’s not part of the United Kingdom — so we’ve listed it as a seperate country.
We found out:
- The Isle of Man is a self-governing British Crown Dependency.
- It is in the Irish Sea between the islands of Great Britain and Ireland.
- Population: 85,000.
- Head of state is Queen Elizabeth II. She holds the title of Lord of Mann.
- The Lord of Mann is represented by a Lieutenant Governor.
- Foreign relations and defense are the responsibility of the British Government.
- The island has been inhabited since before 6500 BC.
- It is one of the six Celtic nations.
- Gaelic cultural influence began on the island in the 5th century AD.
- The six Celtic nations are Brittany (Breizh), Cornwall (Kernow),Ireland (Éire), the Isle of Man (Mannin), Scotland (Alba), and Wales (Cymru).
- Each of these nations has it’s own Celtic language.